Latest Price Trend of TMT Steel Bars in India
High-strength reinforcement bars with a strong outer core and a soft inner core are known as Thermo-Mechanically Treated (TMT) bars. The strength of TMT bars is precisely regulated by adjusting the water pressure in their pearlitic core and strong tempered martensite surface, resulting in maximum strength, ductility, and toughness. The price of TMT steel bars in India depends on multiple factors and changes from time to time. Therefore, the TMT bar manufacturers in West Bengal price their products as per the market trend.
Features of TMT Bars that play a key role in their pricing:
The following factors determine the price of TMT bars, and the price of the best quality TMT bars in West Bengal is no exception:
- Tensile strength and ductility
- Thermal resistance
- Earthquake Resistance
Recent TMT Bar Market Price Trends in India
As pr the recent data sources:
Price per tonne in March 2020 was –
- 8 mm – Rs 35,000 +18% GST
- 10/12 mm – Rs 34,000 +18% GST
- 16/20/25 mm – Rs 34,000 + 18% GST
Price per tonne in December 2020 –
- 8 mm – Rs 45,000 +18% GST
- 10/12 mm – Rs 44,000 +18% GST
- 16/20/25 mm – Rs 44,000 + 18% GST
Factors Influencing the prices of the best quality TMT bars in West Bengal
- Supply & Demand: One of the most important factors determining the price of TMT steel bars in the market is the current supply and demand. The higher the market demand or, the lesser the supply, the higher are the prices and vice versa.
- Raw Material Costs: A variety of direct and indirect raw materials are used to produce TMT steel bars. Iron ore and scrap metal are the two most significant raw materials used by the top TMT bar manufacturers in West Bengal. Any change in their costs directly impacts the production cost and the final price of TMT steel bars manufactured by these companies.
- Transportation Cost: When it comes to establishing the prices of TMT steel bars, the mode of transportation used for carrying the steel bars from the source (steel plant) to the destination (building site) and the costs associated with it are taken into account. The Best Quality TMT Bars in West Bengal, when exported to other states, have slight price changes.
- Industry Trends: When it comes to setting TMT steel prices, the current developments in various sectors and marketplaces play a big role. Changing dynamics in any major sector may influence the price at which you purchase steel bars for your building.
Steel prices have a huge impact on the end-user sectors. An in-depth analysis of these factors is required to anticipate market trends and establish the prices correctly. TMT bars are essential components of construction. Therefore, the best quality TMT bars in West Bengal that brands like Concast Maxx supply to the big construction companies in the state are priced carefully to suit the client’s budget and match the domestic market standards.